Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Geez, I forgot Mick Mentzler

Not sure what I was thinking, but I forgot to add Mick.

Anyway, Mick is a 6'3" 285 DT prospect from Fort Wayne, IN. Mick was also at IU's 1 day OL/DL camp in June and another kid that got personal attention from the coaches. Mick played FB/LB last season and runs a 4.85. He actually played at around 275 last season and was the starting MLB for HS team. Mick has been described to me as a carbon copy of Bo Barzilouska (spelling probably isn't right) , but not quite as fast. Coach Mallory of all people really thinks Mick is a steal, so hearing he thinks Mick is in the same mold as Bo, makes me think the coaches walked away with something here. He's another kid that has liked IU for some time and wanted to come here. Last year, he posted 90 tackles and 4 sacks from his MLB spot. Mick also played Bball, so he's pretty athletic, and posted several games of 10 points or more.

1 comment:

Daddy said...

I like the fact big Mick is comming to IU. I think he will have a good career in the Cream and Crimson. Hard working blue collar kid. Not going to take any crap from no one.